In the late 1990′s Billings’ Depot and Montana Avenue reclaimed their importance as part of Downtown. A partnership including the City of Billings, Montana Rail Link, Montana Avenue property owners, and other committed citizens evolved with the goal of preserving and revitalizing the Depot and Montana Avenue.
Through the continuing efforts of this partnership, the Billings Depot is once again a community gathering place. A place for greeting, meeting, remembering, celebrating and being entertained. It is a place of importance in the neighborhood, in the city, and in the region. It is a place where memorable things happen. The Depot Passenger Station is once again an anchor attracting a wide variety of complementary enterprises within easy walking distance. And most importantly, it is once again a vital part of the Billings story and the daily life of its residents, its neighbors and its visitors.
Our vision places the Depot firmly within the circle of regionally recognized historic sites including the Yellowstone Art Museum, Western Heritage Center, Alberta Bair Theatre and the Moss Mansion. As the City of Billings develops its walking tour, the Depot will be one of the unique stops along the path for our community and visitors to enjoy.
- Michelle Williams, Executive Director
- Carolyn Tolton, Wedding & Special Events Coordinator
- Marci Raihl, Business Manager
- Caleb Nelsen, Maintenance Manager & Setup/Teardown
- Andrew Riley, Assistant Setup/Teardown & Custodial
- Sarah James, Lead Event Host
- Diana Tolstedt, Event Host
- CJ Armstrong, Event Host
Board of Directors
- Steve Wahrlich, President
- Toni Schnieder, Rudi Marten, Vice President
- Sue Dow, Secretary
- Spencer Frederick, Treasurer
- Eric Nord, Past President
- Michelle Willaims, Executive Director
- Mike Heringer
- Matt Robertson
- Meri McGlone
- John Reas
- Lora Mattox
- Harvey Singh