National Train Day is a holiday started by Amtrak in 2008 as a way to educate communities about the advantages of railway travel and the history of trains in the United States.
The Depot’s first annual National Train Day celebration was held in 2018 and played host to over 2,500 visitors from as far away as Bozeman and Sheridan, Wyoming.
In 2019, the Billings is excited to announce the event has expanded to include more of the Depot campus and will feature fun and activities for train enthusiasts of all ages.
Admission is free and 2019 activities and partners include:
- MORE model trains
- Tour our antique caboose
- Race our 6.5’ tall by 48’ long virtual train
- Historic walking tours with the Western Heritage Center
- Live graffiti painting by Underground Culture Krew
- Miniature train rides around the Depot
- Ice cream and carnival snacks
- Face painting
- and much more…
- Saturday, May 4
- 11am to 5pm
- at the Billings Depot